, , ,

What's In Your Smoothie?


What is the purpose of a smoothie? Is a question that I get from newbies. To be honest it all depends on what your trying to do. There are smoothies for just about anything healthy, I will give you a example of a few. There are smoothies for weight loss, curve your sweet tooth, health benefits, meal replacements, muscle gain, getting your fruit food group in one take, I could go on and on about the great benefits and reasons why you should drink a smoothie everyday.

I like to drink a smoothie after a great workout, it helps to replenish the nutrients that I lost while I was working out back into my body. It fills me up,  allowing me to replace a meal that I would've eaten without drinking a smoothie. Also allows me to consume less calories. Smoothies are also really great in the hot summer months as well. 

Now that you know why you should drink a smoothie. Lets talk about what you should put in your smoothie. Fruit is Heaven sent most are sweet and packed with a lot of health benefits.

 Lets go over some:
  • Strawberries: Are a good source of fiber, the help to lower blood pressure, and its a  antioxidant and its a anti-inflammatory 
  • Blueberries: Are very high in antioxidants, boost your immune system, reduces belly fat, and is a anti-depressant 
  • Bananas: Lowers blood pressure, keeps digestion regular, very high in potassium, aids in cancer prevention
  • Avocado: Lowers cholesterol, helps prevent aging allowing you to look and stay young longer,
  • Pineapples: Rich in vitamins, strengthens bones, and helps to fight colds
  • Raspberries: Antioxidant, natural sun protector, lots of vitamins 
  • Blackberries: Prevents with blood clotting, cardiovascular benefits, and eye health
  • Mango: Helps with acne, beneficial for anemia, boost your memory, helps with weight gain
Fruits are packed with everything we need to live a healthy balanced life and when mixed together they're a force to be reckon with. If your wondering how to make a smoothie, its quite easy. All you need is a blender, fruit, milk( I prefer almond milk), greek yogurt if you don't mind the extra calories, and a few ice cubes. Once you have all that your blender you ready to make some magic happen. I suggest you have fun with your smoothies, play around with them and see what you like and what you want to trade off for something else. Whats the worst thing that's going to happen? You get healthy! 

 Whats in my smoothie, today is: Coco powder, strawberries, blueberries, almond milk, and few ice cubes. What's in yours?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Female Weight Loss and Nutrition © 2012 | Designed by Cheap Hair Accessories

Thanks to: Sovast Extensions Wholesale, Sovast Accessories Wholesale and Sovast Hair